Thursday, March 21, 2013

Having Fun with Shaped Cards {The Bo Bunny Way}

Today the Bo Bunny design team girls were challenged to make up some shaped cards!  I'm a person that always like to see unique and unusual designs, so this one was right up my alley.  For this card all I did was use my Crafters Workshop circle template and draw out a half circle on some Bo Bunny patterned paper from the C'est La Vie collection.  I then used half of that for my card cover and then mounted it on some Bo Bunny Cardstock in the Chiffon color, trimming it with a scallop edge scissor.  I then decorated it with Bo Bunny blooms, lace, stickers and chipboard.  Here is a close up pic of the page embellishments... 
Supplies:
Patterned Paper: C'est La Vie Belle
Cardstock: Chiffon Double Dot, Tutu Flourish, Clover Double Dot (leaves)
Stickers: C'est La Vie
Buttons: C'est La Vie
Layered Chipboard: C'est La Vie
Paper Doilie: small
Blossoms: Zinnia (Blush), Bouquet (Blush)
Lace: Blush
Other: Kitchen twine
 
For more gorgeous shaped card ideas, be sure to check out the Bo Bunny blog today!  There are so many cute card designs to see there!  Thanks so much for stopping by today! xo

11 comments:

Judy said...

Wow,

I can see why this was fun to make, it's gorgeous!! Definitely on my "inspire to do" list.

tfs,

xo

Patty O'Malley said...

This is gorgeous, Gabi. Love the papers and embellies.

Dorthe said...

Such a gorgeous card! You allways inspire so much!
Thanks :)

Unknown said...

That;s why I love following blogs like yours!! I've had a circle cutter for ages and NEVER thought to do this...can't wait to try though!! Thanks..

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful,love the shape and the design of this,your embellishments are so pretty.Jacqueline.S

Romy said...

Gosh, it's such a beautiful shaped card! I love the romantic feel to it.

Lizzyc said...

Oh this is beautiful!! a shaped card looks amazing and different from the usual rectangle one!

Keren Tamir said...

as per always Gabi! so soft and beautiful!! love your romantic style!!

Tone-Lill said...

Great fun to see different shaps to cards. This is awsome and so beautiful. Inspired to make one my self
Havw a great easter :)

Ros Crawford said...

Hi there ... I did my first mixed media using your tutorial yesterday ... Ok ... It's nowhere near as beautiful as your work but I wanted to say thanks for the tutorials and freebies ... and just how beautiful your work is ...

Donna Ellis said...

Gabrielle, I love visiting your blog - thanks, too, for the tutorial on vintage ribbon. hugs, de

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails