Monday, October 21, 2013

Autumn Jewel Tones {Bo Bunny Autumn Song}

 
My daughter took this beautiful forest photo when she went on a hike recently with a few of her friends and I was so happy to have these pretty green/purple papers from the Bo Bunny Autumn Song collection to scrap them!

 
I wanted the page to be lush with blooms so I used a variety of the purple Bo Bunny blooms from the paper designs to the fabric and crochetted blooms.... and for smaller blooms I used a floral die cut on some Bo Bunny Violet dot cardstock and used a wet paper technique to give them a little bit of a crinkle.

 
I loved the leafy flourish on one of the patterned papers so I fussy cut it out the flourish so that it would drap down onto my page and used foam dots to apply it to the page.  I wanted to continue with the flourish look of the papers so I used the Bo Bunny Curly Q Stamps to add more swirls.
 
Tip:  Some inks can bead up on a new stamp set, so I just rub an eraser over the surface of the stamp before I begin stamping, it gives you a nice sharp image.
 
Bo Bunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  Melody, Stripe/Autumn Song
Cardstock: Violet Double Dot
Noteworthy: Autumn Song
Stamps: Curly Q Large Stamps
Flowers: Plum Purple Bouquet, Plum Purple Dahlia, Plum Purple Daisy 
Jewels: Rejoice
Wood Clocks/Kraft
Other: Dusty Attic Chipboard: Corner Flourish #5, Damask #2
Stencil: Prima/Finnabiar
 
Before I sign off for today I thought I'd share the Bo Bunny Website link with you in case you all didn't get a peek at the 3 NEW mid-season releases you can find them HERE!  Thanks so much for stopping by today! xo xo
 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

So elegant! The colors are incredible and the photo is so serene and calming. Thank you for the tip on the stamps!!!

tracy said...

I wish you would do videos showing us how you make your layouts even if you do not speak but have music in the background. I love your layouts they are so beautiful and detailed.

Paula Calvanico said...

Love the jewel tones! Of course the pic is just set off magnificently by your work :) Wonderful inspiration.

Paula <3

Unknown said...

wow absolutely stunning colours.
Chris x

Sue said...

Stunning! The colours are so vibrant but complementary.

Anonymous said...

So VIVID! Gorgeous saturated colors Gabi!
This l/o is beautiful; as is the BB papers.
The details you added here are perfect; beautiful.
Love Cloe's photography too~
THANKS! for the stamping tip!
(I love that about you:)
Take care~
Karen

SusanLotus said...

Your layouts and cards are outstandingly beautiful!

:)

Romy said...

I completely fell in love with this lay-out the minute I first saw it. It is so so gorgeous and full of magical touches. I love the combination of green and purple that you choose for this page.

Sarah - Crea S said...

Hi Gabrielle! Another gorgeous page! Love the combination of the purple and the green! The photo has some magical/mystic atmosphere which I love!
Thanks so much for your lovely comment!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Denise van Deventer said...

An absolutely stunning page Gabrielle! The green and purples together are just amzing and your details are just so pretty and gorgeous! Love this page! ;-)

morkaren said...

Dinne skønne farver rammer mig lige i hjertet. knus morkaren.

Lizzyc said...

Oh how beautiful this is.. the purple blooms really pop on this wonderfully designed layout.. love the sweet flourish stamps too... another fav for sure! and I really like the pin cushion papers by BB, they look cute!

DebraK said...

Love the purple/green combo. You are so inspiring and so creative--always love your layouts so much!

Anonymous said...

Lovely colour combination!
Its a fantastic page.
sabine

Patty O'Malley said...

So beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails